POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Wristwatch (188 kb) : Re: Wristwatch (188 kb) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 08:22:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wristwatch (188 kb)
From: Patrick Dugan
Date: 6 Feb 2001 12:59:17
Message: <3a803b75@news.povray.org>
I used a photograph wrapped around a sphere (picture of my house with trees,
etc) and then the sphere went around the entire set of stuff (outside of the
camera range) This allows the reflections of surrounding things to appear
and helps make the scene appear more realistic.

I'm a big fan of making every texture have some amount of reflection so the
scene doesn't come across so flat.